Hello everybody, and welcome to Spider Sugar! My name is Gina, and I am a sweet lolita. I've been dressing in lolita since the summer of 2008, so I've been around for a while. However, I am also interested in other Japanese street fashions, such as mori girl and gyaru, and I also dress in good old fashioned western goth/punk. However, my favourite style to dress in is definitely lolita, and it is what I feel most comfortable in most days. My favourite brands are Angelic Pretty and Baby, The Stars Shine Bright, but I also adore Alice and the Pirates and Innocent World! I live in the southern part of the United States (more specifically, Kentucky) which isn't exactly a mecca for alternative fashions, but I get by. Besides liking fashion, I adore music; my favourite bands and musicians include My Chemical Romance, Arkona, Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst, Andrew Jackson Jihad, among many others. I also love movies and television shows; my favourite shows include BBC's Sherlock, Arrested Development, The Office, and Modern Family, while my tastes in movies are constantly changing and I don't really have any specific favourites. Art is another passion of mine and I hope to one day become a comic book author and illustrator.
I wanted to create a cute fashion blog so that I could have a little corner of the internet where I could express my thoughts about fashion trends, write about my life in my own personal fashion world, and have a reason to create cute graphics and take pretty photos. I would ideally like this blog to become an image-heavy blog, hopefully using mostly my own photos and drawings, as well as other beautiful images that I find throughout my internet travels. Hopefully, this blog will provide you with an interesting outlook on the growing world of cute fashions, as well as a place where you can find general tips, tutorials, and my personal take on certain trends.
To kickstart my blog, I have decided to host two giveaways! One giveaway is being hosted on tumblr, and the other one can be found here. I am giving away one fluffy star clip, one celestial glitter bottle necklace, and one paper star bracelet from my webstore je moi mien. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Write a comment with your first name, email address, and a link to your favourite blog! This can be an actual blog, a tumblr, a livejournal, anything you wish! An explanation of why this is your favourite blog would also be appreciated.
- It would be wonderful if you would follow this blog, either with Google Reader or Blog Lovin' (both buttons can be found on the bottom of the page!)
- I will ship worldwide!
- You can enter both this giveaway and my tumblr giveaway, but you can only win one.
- Giveaway ends March 1st, 2012. This gives you a little under two weeks to get your entry in!
- Winner will be chosen at random using a random generator.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you enjoy my blog, and I hope that I have finally found my niche in the blogging world.